It's hard for me to believe its the year 2014. After all the hype from the new year, settling down into the new, carrying on with the old, and finally deciding which of my New Year's resolutions were actually going to last through more than the month of January, I couldn't help but think back to the year of 2013. A year that brought me, a Fort Collins Colorado photographer more than I could have ever imagined.
At a glance:
- I began my journey in Colorado. I applied to an internship with Jenni Maroney Portrait Boutique. That little short-term internship had more in store for me than I thought, as I have continued working (aside from Miranda L. Sober Photography) for this amazing photographer for the past year. From an intern, to the studio manager + second lead photographer, who would have thought?!
- Confirmed my forever love of Colorado, as I moved to Arizona, and quickly turned right back around.
- Developed a deep love for sushi. (I am proud to say I overcame my childhood fear of eating "fish eggs").
- Became the owner of the one and only Golden Retriever, Remi. He has a mind of his own, let me tell ya.
- Turned a dream of becoming a photographer into reality and established Miranda L. Sober Photography. (I jump up and down just at the thought)!
- Learned to focus (an ongoing process) more on the joy in everyday life, putting aside the everyday stress of the world.
- Have had the opportunity to meet each of you, and develop amazing friendships. And if I have not yet already, I hope to do so this year!